Show and Tell:
- Elaine showed her Noodlehead tote bag, Sew Together bag (http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/accessory/sew-together-bag/36309), A Dresden block made from batiks, a Christmas quilt from a block of the month (Fat Quarter Shop), a Scrap Vomit quilt, a quilt patterned after Van Gogh’s Stormy Night using the Storm at Sea pattern.
- Rachel showed her completed quilt top made from the Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street pattern.
- Lisa showed a completed quilt top made from a wide variety of colorful solids
- Eli showed her zig-zag quilt made with Pez fabric and Half-moon fabrics.
- Deb showed her Lotus knock-off quilt that was made using the Hex and More ruler
Next Sewing Saturdays
- Jan 18th- Rainbow slice blocks (charity blocks).
- Feb 8th- Fractured Pervalong- this has been rescheduled several times so come on out.
- March 1st- Charity Quilt assembly day
- March 22nd- Open sew
- April 12th- Open sew
- May 3rd- Open sew
Upcoming meetings – Second Tuesday of the month at 6 PM- Morton Hall UAH Campus
- Feb 11
- March 11
- April 8
- March 13-15- Georgia Sewing Quilt Show- Atlanta- Gwinnett Center
- April 23-26, 2014- Paducah quilt show- book your room now
- June 5-7- Alabama Quilt Symposium- register now for classes. Karen Combs, Sharon Shamber, etc. http://www.alabamaquilts.com/index.htm
- September 10-13- Chattanooga quilt show
Library Update – The quilts are up! There are a total of 16 quilts hanging in the Huntsville Public Library and they look great. We will change up the quilt display every 3 months with the next one going up at the beginning of April. Please look through your quilts that you wouldn’t mind displaying.. Quilts should be no bigger than queen size and no small than about 5’ square. Quilts may be sold if you wish with a 20% consignment fee to the library.
Please have a little write up about your quilt with the quilt name, pattern (please attribute copy written patterns to the author), something about the quilt and the quilters’ information.
The window display at the library has also been popular and we need small quilted items for this. The display case is about 43” x 76” x 14” deep.
The donation quilt for the library will have the phrase “A home without books is like a tree without birds.” Watch the facebook group for updates. Assignments are due by the next meeting on February 11.
Guild Swap- This is a new thing for next year where we will swap a small quilted item or craft. We will postpone this project until later.
Charity Quilt Block Update – We are still working on the Rainbow Blocks with a dedicated sewing Saturday on January 18th. We will have a quilt assembly day on March 1st.
Demo – Elaine demo’ed her Mad as a Hatter quilt block pattern. The link to her pattern is http://messygoat.com/?s=mad+as+a+hatter
Guild Block of the Month- Our new block of the month project for this year was designed by Deb. More info and instructions coming soon.
Other Blocks of the Month- Craftsy has one called Color Theory. http://www.craftsy.com/class/2014-block-of-the-month-craftsy-color-theory/463?_ct=iuqhsx-kdyluhiqb-huikbj-sekhiu&_ctp=463