Show and Tell:
- Placemat set using Michael Miller scraps that were FMQ to look like a sunburst
- Paper Shredder Quilt
- Deconstructed Nine Patch Quilt
- 2 quilts for sale an Alabama and a Auburn quilt using the Oriental Garden Pattern
- Super Bowl Sunday mystery quilt backed with Ikea fabric
- The Quilters Mixology book that features modern drunkards path block
- X and O Flower Quilt for charity
- X and O flower quilt with border also for charity,
- a quilt that Jen bought off eBay and quilted in a swirl pattern and bound by Pat
- Modern Trees Quilt
- Thrifted Shirt Quilt top and back
- Feb 10
- Mar 10
- Apr 14
- Jan 31 - Charity Quilt Assemble Day
- Feb 21 - Ginormous Tote Workshop
- Mar 14 - No Sewing Saturday due to Retreat Weekend
- Apr 4 - Stack and Whack Workshop
- Apr 25 - Strips and Curves Workshop
- Feb - Drunkards Path - Sherry
- Mar - Freezer Paper Applique - Deb
Block of the Month:
- Deb's No More Tricky Triangles pattern.
- Deb is going to post videos tutorials on her website.
- We plan to display the finished quilts at the library.
Charity Quilt Block:
- Demo by Pat
- Block is from 3 Times the Charm Book 2
- Instructions were provided for making two different sized blocks a 4.5 square and 8.5 square.
- It is requested that white on white (no cream) be used for the white strips.
- Please make the blocks for either a boy or a girl but don't mix the two in the same block.
- Jan contacted St. Judes about quilt colors. They have requested no black, gray or other non cheery colors.
- Handouts were provided by Pat
Library Charity Quilts:
- We are making a Wonky House Quilt for the library
- Search for tutorials online.
- Block can be any size.
- Make sure background is white or white on white fabric.
We also spoke of making a quilt to be sold and the profits go to the guild to buy batting and solid colors for making charity quilts. A theme was not decided. We will work on the house quilt first. If you see a quilt that you feel would be great for this, please share it with the guild.
- March 13-15
- Check in is noon, Friday & Check out is 4pm Sunday
- Minimum of 6 people, max is 14. It looks like there is enough people interested to meet the minimum.
- Cost - $195 per person.
- Deposit is due by the next meeting and the remaining balance is due at time of retreat. Member deposits should be made payable to the guild or in cash.
- The guild voted that a member can bring a non member (paid of course) to the retreat as long as it isn't taking away a spot for a member
- April 22–25
- Hotels in Paducah are most likely expensive and sold out.
- Last year we stayed at the Econo Lodge at 2184 US Highway 62, Gilbertsville, KY.
- It was about 20 minutes outside of Paducah, was affordable and clean.
- The hotel is $150 plus tax per night, based on 4 adults.
- From experience, the show is more enjoyable and less crowded on Saturday however if you want to shop, a lot of the vendors are sold out on the most popular items but they usually offer to ship for free.
- Last year we left Friday and returned Sunday.
- If you want to go try and gather a group of 4 and book hotel ASAP.
- Patsy demoed a beautiful tiny foundation pieced block pattern from George Siciliano.
- The block consisted of a black background and a gradient selection of fabrics. A rainbow gradient could also be used.
- The block uses 1 inch fabric strips
- She used a shortened stitch length to stitch the small blocks with a 1/8th inch seam allowance
- She also demoed rulers designed for trimming paper pieced seam allowances.
- Voted yes to buy a roll of batting and a bolt of Kona white for charity quilts.
- Voted yes to making Amber an honorary member