Deb, Pat, Amanda, Rachel, Glenn, Jan, Sherry, Diane, Yvonne, Mary, Lorraine
Show and Tell:
- Rachel showed her charity quilt top made from the charm square charity block pattern and her block for the focus fabric swap
- Diane showed her block for the focus fabric swap
- Deb showed several quilts that had been on display at the Library
- Sherry showed her Riley Blake challenge baby quilt
- Lorraine showed her fabric choices for a quilt she has planned
Photos will be uploaded to the Guild Facebook Page
- July 14
- Aug 11
UAH is closed on weekends until the beginning of August.
Our next definite Sewing Saturday is at UAH is Aug 15
- June 29 - UAH closed
- July 18 - UAH closed
- Aug 15 - Charity Quilt and Library Quilt Assembly Day
The Library quilt
- is a bookshelf quilt
- bring in assorted strips of fabric scraps.
- black background so the strips should be bright and light colors.
The Houses quilt
- We’ll need random green squares/strips/etc for the grass
- We'll need random light blues for the sky.
- We can even assemble different light blue blocks into the sky or green blocks for the grassy areas.
- We currently do not have enough house blocks to make the house quilt.
While UAH is closed on weekends
- Deb might be able to at her new house the last Saturday or Sunday in July
- Mary offered to host some sewing Saturday's at her house
The next library quilt change will be the beginning of August. We need to coordinate with Roland (Pat’s husband) and the library to do the change out.
The Guild voted in favor of offering the library quilt display to other local guilds. If the other guilds are interested, we could alternate quilt displays with them. An idea is to have each guild have a quarter and do a combined Christmas display. We display about 20 quilts each time. Deb can contact the other guilds in the area to see if they'd like to have an opportunity to showcase their guild.
Library Window Display for July
Pat has made a display of How a Quilt is Made to decorate library display window.
Deb has volunteered to set up the display on July 1 and remove it on July 31.
We would like to make some new ornaments for the tree this year.
Please make an ornament or two each month to decorate the tree.
We can start a Pinterest board for quick yet attractive ornament ideas and begin in July.
We will also need an artificial tree to use and Diane may be able to provide a tree.
Next Year’s Retreat:
- Our retreat at the Red Rooster is April 1-3, 2016
- The current cost is $195.
- Minimum for Red Rooster - 12-23
- The retreat is open to guild members. You can invite friends & family to attend. They do not need to be quilters. Spots will be given to guild members first however there so most likely be enough space for others to attend.
Upcoming Quilt Shows:
Chatanooga AQS Quilt Show
Sep. 16, 2015 - Sep. 19, 2015
Location: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St., Chattanooga, TN
Jan won the door prized and has volunteered to provide the door prize for the next meeting.
Next Meeting Reminders:
- July 14
- Bring Focus Fabric Swap (It's not too late to join)
- Christmas Ornament for Library Tree
- House Blocks for The House Quilt
- Start collecting random blues and greens for The House Quilt
- Start collecting random bright strips for The Bookshelf Quilt