Guests: Diane Vaughn
- Welcome to guests
- Reviewed what we will discuss in meeting
- Pat shared sewing tips: cut thread and immediately knot cut end, to reduce tangling OR pull thread off spool and thread that end in needle first, then knot and cut that end. Also recommended using a double needle to sew t-shirt knits
- Reviewed Sewing Saturday spots – Madison Public Library community room: They didn’t see anyone there but Cox’s stopped by. In their opinion the tables and chairs were too short/too little. But there plenty of outlets. Discussion concluded The Threaded Needle was the most comfortable so far, although there are time issues – it had to close 1:00 pm
- Discussion on drop off of charity quilts for St. Jude in December – Pat was unsure of timing but said anyone interested in helping can contact her via Facebook or call her. She will post the date on Facebook when she knows. Leigh asked about adding a guild label onto the charity quilts and Lisa Cox volunteered to make them.
- 2017 Rocket City quilt guild dues will be a reduced fee of $ 20 through December, but after January, the standard (easily pro-rated) fee of $ 24.00 will apply.
- Discussion on Sewing Saturdays – motion made by Seleemah and seconded Glenn to skip December and January. New administration will decide after that.
- December meeting place options: Tues Dec 20, 6:30 pm Madison City Hall OR Jo-Ann’s Tues Dec 13 OR Sam and Gregg’s Pizzeria in Madison, available Tues Dec 13. Group voted on Sam and Gregg’s at 5:30 pm to eat, with meeting and activities to follow. Group says yes to Dirty Santa (hand made gift or handy tool with a value of less than $ 10, wrapped in fat quarter).
- Nominations discussed for November election. With open President position and no volunteers, voting on the position for President is tabled till next month.
Vice President: Sherry Kirkham, voted in
Treasurer: Sophie, voted in
Secretary: Mary, voted in
- The remaining slots are non-board positions and will be filled as follows:
Fundraiser: Amanda Conger
Charity blocks: Rachel
- Unsure of nominees last names so Leigh volunteered to present nametag options
- Question on board responsibilities for each position - Leigh will investigate by-laws and board position responsibilities and get back to the group.
- Glenn P. volunteered to oversee a Gadget demo, using members gadgets (due to budget restrictions) until more funds are available for actual purchases.
- Glenn P. also volunteered to oversee a swap of some kind. Details to be discussed in January.
- Sherry is going to organize a block lottery/fundraiser. Will coordinate with Amanda if it goes into fund raising area.
- Floor opened up for comments, questions.
- Discussion on “guild fabric”, currently stored at Rachel’s
- Show N Tell:
- Sherry brought in a square for Glenn’s fashion travel box and Glenn brought in Diane’s tea and shared a beautiful block
- Travel box guidelines reviewed: theme with 1 yard chosen fabric, 1 block done a month, may be pulled out anytime … and we oohed and aahed over all the blocks after we pulled them out all together.
- Pat shared 7 charity quilts, with another 20 at home.