Show and Tell:
- Fern showed a gold tutu she is working on for her church production and a stuffed, 3D Christmas tree.
- Jen showed her finished Lyn Brown pattern quilt top with a colorful, scrappy look.
- Lael showed her “Fox Tails” finished quilt that was made from the Zen Chic fabric line and for the quilting, she used a “sketchy boxes” pattern.
- Lisa showed two similar polka dot/brights finished quilts that will be gifts and a baby quilt top.
Next Sewing Saturdays
- Dec 14- to be decided
- Jan 18th- Rainbow slice blocks (charity blocks).
- Feb 8th- Fractured Pervalong- this has been rescheduled several times so come on out.
- March 1st- Charity Quilt assembly day
Upcoming meetings – Second Tuesday of the month at 6 PM- Morton Hall UAH Campus
- Jan 14
- April 23-26, 2014- Paducah quilt show- book your room now
- September 10-13- Chattanooga quilt show
Library Update – After having a meeting with the library representatives, we are back on for displaying quilts. It is still to be decided if we will be using clips or a quilt sleeve. We can begin hanging them on January 6th. Quilts should be no bigger than queen size and no small than about 5’ square. We will be swapping them out every 3 months. Quilts may be sold if you wish with a 20% consignment fee to the library.
Please have a little write up about your quilt with the quilt name, pattern (please attribute copywritten patterns to the author), something about the quilt and the quilters’ information. We hope to put together a flyer of some sort with the info about each quilt and info about our guild.
The library Christmas tree decorated by our guild is up and looks great and it’s on the 3rd floor. Please go by and vote for our tree!
Guild Swap- This is a new thing for next year where we will swap a small quilted item or craft. We will possibly start this in February or March. We will fill out a form in January so bring your ideas.
Charity Quilt Block Update – We are still working on the Rainbow Blocks. We will have a quilt assembly day on March 1st.
Demo – We had sign ups and have 7 of 12 months for next year covered. If you haven’t signed up yet, please see Amanda. Elaine will be doing January’s demo