Notes on Dale's technique by Carole Lyles Shaw
Notes from Amanda:
- Iron your two layers of freezer paper before starting
- Templates can be used multiple times
- I like circular ruler templates for making my circles, but they constrain you to the set sizes. Use a 28mm rotary cutter or smaller for best results.
- For more flexibility in circle sizes, consider a compass with an exacto blade.
- I found it easier to use a bottle of white glue as opposed to the the glue stick
- The Sewline glue pen did not hold as well as the white glue---great for the gluing to the freezer paper step, not so good for the gluing to fabric step
- I found it a bit difficult to see the crease as I was working around the circle. Might want to consider marking the crease before starting to sew.
- A little hard to wrap my head around just watching but once I did it once, it clicked!