Show and Tell
1) Diane showed her mariners compass wall hanging made with Cheryl Phillips pattern and a “4 hr quilt” Carpenters Star made with red and white fabrics
2) Eli showed her quilted stuffed elephant she made with fabric from her old kitchen curtains. She used a “Rumpled Quiltskins” pattern. She also showed her embroidered handbag that she has made with recycled patches.
3) Mary shared her striped quilt made with dyed fabric, a stripe and apppliqued baby quilt
4) Fern shared her Charity blocks that she made. And she liked the pattern so much she ended up making enough blocks for her own quilt.
5) Lisa shared her finished baby quilt that was made from her own pattern and an almost finished quilt top of “Over the Rainbow” courthouse steps block pattern.
1) Alzheimers mini quilts for donation are due by July’s meeting on July 9th. It’s not too late to make one or two. They should be no larger than 9 x 12 inches completely finished. They must have “quick corners” for hanging.
2) A suggestion was made to make pillowcases for donation for kids with cancer.
3) A ruler and stencil library was discussed where we could lend or donate our own rulers for use by other guild members. A deposit might be required. This would be a great way to try out specialty rulers that we might not otherwise want to buy before trying them out.
4) Dye Day- A future event that Tammy agreed to host at her house and Eli agreed to be the teacher for. The goal is to do this in the next 6 weeks before it gets too hot. More details later.
5) A member database was discussed as a way to share amongst ourselves. We are looking at a “closed document” type setup where only we would be able to access the info. A signup sheet was passed around for those that wish to be included with however much info they would like to share. Amanda is in charge.
6) A pinterest board for our guild is going to be set up by Amanda. This will be a great way for us to “pin” quilting related tutorials and pictures.
7) Our guild color challenge is underway. If you still need color chips, contact Amanda. Bring your creation that includes your 2 colors to the June meeting. We will then vote on the most cool one to be featured on the front of our facebook page.
8) NICU donation quilts. These are the quilts we will be making with the star blocks. We will make and donate as many quilts as we can dependent upon how many blocks we get so keep them coming! We need more cool colors at this point. We are taking donations for quilt backing fabric. These quilts will be donated to parents of a nicu child that was lost.
Block deadline: May 14
9) Library Quilts: Eli has had several meetings and explored options for us to display our quilts. It was talked about that we might have a multi-quilt display that would hang. Possibly as many as 30 quilts at a time. We discussed how to hang the quilts and that a small fee per quilt for the hanging supplies might be necessary. We are looking at the fall to begin.
Library Display Case: We have a 43” x 76” x 14” deep display case and are looking for smaller quilts, wall hangings and folded quilts to display. We need your things by April 20th.
April 20 - quick curve & curve quilts
May 14- Meeting
May 18 - Fern’s wall hanging s
June 8 - open sew - word quilts?
June 11- Meeting
June 29 - open sew - winding ways? lone star? Scrap quilt day? giant one block quilts? small projects like table runners/placemats?
July 9- meeting
Please RSVP in the Facebook group to events this way others will know how many are attending. You should also check in before going to make sure others are coming. Deb tries to post sometime during the week before to get an idea of who is or isn’t coming. Let's get the quilt conversations started and continued!