Jennifer Brown, Linda Thompson, Lael Feist, Deb Richey, Lisa Hardy, Fern Damour, Amber Adcock, Gladys Oaks, Becky Dayton, Diane Lowe – guest, Cassandra Shepard, Jeanette Silvey, Eli Kadish, Heather Mitchell
- Show and tell – Carol Dock BOM by Deb and Jeanette. Amber showed off her modern quilt strips summer quilt sampler from swim bike quilt. Eli showed her original diamond patterned quilt. Lael showed off her long arm quilting skills on her 2 lawn chair quilts. Fern showed off a kid block quilt to be donated to the Huntsville Heritage Quilts charity that they support. She also showed off her star quilt. Lisa showed off her flannel quilt made with multiples of squares, her stack and whack from her quilt class (if you missed it – it was a GREAT class, and her “Over the Rainbow” Kona cotton log cabin. She will be teaching this class some time later this summer, so be collecting some 2 inch strips of solids.
- Diane Lowe discussed the TN Valley Quilters Association Spring Seminar June 29, 2012 in Murfreesboro, TN. She is looking for someone from our guild to teach a modern quilt class.
- The next sewing Saturday is June 23 at UAH Morton Hall
- The group voted to have the next monthly meeting on July 10 due to the July 4th holiday.
- Demonstrations – 6 minute circle and Diane Lowe demonstrated 2 quilt blocks made with 2 3 inch strips sewed together
At the July 14th, bring a quilt, table runner, wall hanging, tree skirt for Christmas and get started on it. This will encourage everyone to get started early on their Christmas project and hopefully finish it up before Christmas.
NEA Modern Quilt Guild Quilty Yard Sale
Do you have fabric that you don’t like any more, or if you are like me you just have way to much fabric, bring it July 14th and either swap or sell it to other members. Please have it all priced!
Oops@ We're missing the meeting minutes for March - May. I swear that we had meetings - and really good ones! We're going to try and locate them and get them up.