Rachel volunteered to coordinate with Cynthia, the Membership Committee Chair, about anything that comes up in the officer's meeting that affects membership. Lisa will communicate dues paid by new members to Cynthia.
We plan on doing a rotary cutter blade bulk buy this month. It is on the agenda for the January meeting to decide how many to order. Rachel will take point on buying the blades. We need to decide how many and what sizes.
Jen is handing off the Quilt Con charity quilt to Mary for binding. Cynthia is making labels. Amanda is doing the blog post (300 - 500 words). Trina will make the sleeve - we need to ask for volunteers to sew it on. Trina will pack and ship the quilt.
Trina will keep running totals on charity quilts - number of blocks turned in and by whom, number of incomplete quilt tops, number of complete tops, number needing labels, number complete.
We have 13 or 14 people signed up for the retreat. The Red Rooster minimum is 12. Amanda is meeting with Sherry about prizes.
We will have 4 challenges and each officer will take point on one:
Orphan Block Challenge - Trina
Crayon Color Challenge - Rachel
Make it Modern - Lisa
Charm Square Challenge - Amanda
We will also have 4 workshops, and officers will take point as follows:
Fabric Dyeing / Shibori Dyeing - Trina
Quilt as You Go - Rachel
Prepping for a Long Arm - Rachel
Building a bigger ironing board - Amanda
Charity Assembly Days will be in February and September.
Amanda wil take point on the Wilson's Sale in July.
We will need to talk to Colleen about possible Pop-up sews. We need to see who's interested.
Trina will take point on the Library Window in November.
Amanda will head up creating a Guild Banner.
We plan on having a goals discussion at the January meeting. We will talk about high level spending goals for Operations, Charity, and Member Benefits. We plan on brainstorming during the meeting and having a survey after the meeting.
We discussed the feedback survey. Gift cards were suggested as a prize. However these would be more expensive, or if we asked for donations, would burn out local shops. Tools, notions, and fabric are feasible prizes. We need to look at sewing needs for the VA Hospital and Clearview. If they need something small, we could dedicate a sewing day to making items for them. The website could use work, it is still a little disorganized. Survey responses indicated that the meetings were too short, we hope that adding social and shopping time might help. Rachel suggested adding an optional dinner after the meeting. The survey indicated that the meetings are too business heavy, hopefully moving many items to a reminders sheet will help this. We may send handouts as an email link before the meeting.